Approach to Treating Knee Pain
The following self-treatment steps are for knee pain due to early stage cartilage thinning, chronic strains, muscle tightening and problems with patellar alignment.
First and foremost, if you are overweight, lose the weight. This will reduce pressure to your knee joints, potentially reducing pain.
The fastest way to lose unwanted weight is to:
- Restrict sugar, corn syrup, fruit juice, grain carbohydrates and starches from your diet.
- Intermittently fast: eat only between the hours of 11:00 AM to 6:00 PM.
- Increase vegetable portions (make 50% of the vegetables you eat uncooked) especially greens.
- Eat animal protein especially fish, chicken and then beef (organic, grass-fed preferred; OK to eat some fat with it).
- Nuts, seeds, avocado, coconut, olive oil and free-range pastured eggs should be your main source of fats.
- Limit yourself to no more than 1,000 calories per day, and do at least 30 minutes of brisk exercise three times a week.
- Drink water throughout the day to help your body flush out released toxins from metabolized fat cells.
Stay away from “diet” labeled and “low-fat” foods, as these are not wholesome. You should lose at least 2 pounds a week on this diet pretty consistently.
NEXT: Red Light Therapy
< Go Back
(Page 7 of 17)